This is a women's non-sanctioned, no-handicap league.
We are playing for fun only, not for points or prizes. Basically, we'll be bowling as we do with our friends and families, although we will rotate lanes as in league play.
Bowling will be as individuals, not teams. See rules 9 and 10 for more information about this.
For the 2021-2022 season, we will have four (4) lanes assigned each week for our use (lanes 1-4).
We will follow all Purdue policies; in particular, due to the University's COVID-19 protocols, masking will be required (and enforced) for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. Sanitizing wipes, bowling ball spray and hand sanitizer stations will be available in the bowling center.
In addition, the PMU only allows food in their facilities from their in-house vendors/restaurants. You can remove your mask to eat/drink.
An organizational meeting was held on August 25, 2021. The first night of bowling will occur after Labor Day.
The 2021-2022 season will be from September 8, 2021, to approximately March 30, 2022.
There will be no bowling the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or the weeks of Christmas and New Year's (winter break).
We will bowl a maximum of three (3) games/night.
PRACTICE: A 10-minute practice period (starting at 5:50 PM) will be held prior to the official start time of 6:00 PM.
LANE ASSIGNMENTS: Whoever is present at 5:50 PM (or intends to be present by 6:00 PM) will be assigned to lanes (that is, players set up their own "teams"). No minimum or maximum number of players per lane; "teams" can be organized according to the number of people present divided by the number of lanes we are using.
- No prebowling or designated substitutes. Everyone bowling is an equal member. Anyone can join us at any time during the season, and they will be responsible for paying their own bowling fee for that week.
- START TIME: PLEASE BE READY TO START AT 6:00 PM.
- ONLY BOWLERS are allowed on alleys: Visitors (children and other guests) MUST sit behind the railing.
- CANCELLATIONS: In the case of inclement weather or other valid reasons, the members will be contacted by email or text of the cancellation. Members will decide if the cancelled date will be made up.
- EQUIPMENT FAILURE: In the event of equipment failure, the game and series will be completed on another pair of lanes. An interrupted game and series will be resumed from the point of interruption. If no lanes are immediately available, or if open lanes aren't available until much later that night, upon agreement of the players involved, that game/series will be cancelled.
- FEES: The weekly bowling fee is $7.25, payable directly to the PMU Rack & Roll. PMU Rack & Roll is a cashless entity, so payment needs to be in the form of a credit card, debit card, or other electronic payment option. Shoe rental is $2.00/night, and locker rental is $15/semester (locker room must now be entered through the billiard room).
- SCORING: Averages will be figured based on each member's total number of games bowled. The league secretary will maintain records of each week's bowling results; in particular, averages, games and series for each individual participating.
- RESIGNATIONS: If anyone becomes unable or unwilling to finish out the season, please let the league secretary know as soon as possible by email or text.
You may return at any time during the season should your situation change; just let the league secretary know you are doing so.
- 50/50: We will have a 50/50 drawing each week. Half of the night's total collected will go to the winner, and the other half will go into the treasury for donation to a charity designated by the members at the end of the season.
A code of etiquette has been established and accepted by bowlers everywhere. Few of its rules are official, but bowlers should be courteous and give consideration at all times to the rights of other participants, including avoiding delaying the game by taking unnecessary time.
1. Be on time for league play. We start at 6:00 PM (practice starts at 5:50).
2. Prepare to take your turn promptly on the lane. Be ready to bowl when the pins are set.
3. Don't take too long to aim or get set up when you are on the approach.
4. Stay on your own approach at all times. Step back off the approach after making each delivery.
5. The bowler on the right should bowl if both reach the approach at the same time. Step back off the approach while you wait and indicate to the adjacent bowler that you are going to bowl after she does.
6. Do not use another player's ball, towel, etc., without her permission.
7. The approaches may not be exactly to your liking, but you cannot use talcum powder, etc.
8. Good bowling requires concentration. Bowlers should always keep in mind that when others are preparing to bowl, excessive noise could be distracting to them.
9. Respect the equipment. Lofting the ball damages the lanes. Kicking the ball rack doesn't help anyone.
10. Be a gracious loser if you are on the short end of the count when the game is over.
11. Do not carry refreshments onto the approach. Spilled liquid can create problems for all the bowlers.
12. If you have an unscheduled absence or know you will be late, please notify another member who will be attending and/or Barb Gotham before 5:45 PM that evening.
13. When there is a lane error, there should be one spokeswoman (probably the person having the problem) to let the Rack & Roll staff know what needs to be fixed – it can be confusing for the person trying to fix the problem when there are several people saying what needs to be done!